Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fanshawe!!!

This weekend marks the start of my 2009 XC season. I have been building my miles up slowly this year. I was looking back at my logs from the passed 2 years and at this point in 2007 and 2008 I was already running 95-100 miles a week. And I weight a lot less. I'm hoping this year I will have more POP in legs because I'm not running so many miles. I'm going to find out after a few races if I race better with HUGE miles or less miles. Every year I have raced XC I have always tried to look like my hero Steve Prefontaine. This year I will still think about him when I race, but I'm not going to grow a mustache or sideburns. I'm looking forward to racing. It's not going to be easy to win, but if I train hard and race smart I should have a good shot at winning.

Dave
Cheers to a good season!

No comments: