Friday, December 24, 2010

Training



This picture was at my works Christmas party. This is my good friend Jim and his Wife Karin. And of course Jenn and I.



Training for a Marathon and working a full time job is very hard. This is how one of my weeks look. I wake up Monday-Friday at 4:45am and I'm out the door by 5:10. I work about 45min away and I start at 6am. Then I'm on my feet all-day long till 3pm. Then I come home and I need to give myself a little rest before I head over to the gym around 6 or 7pm. I'm up to running for a hour on the treadmill. Then I spend time with Jennifer till about 9:30. Then I like to be in bed by 10:30. On the weekends I usually sleep in as late as I can. Which is usually on 9am.

So what I'm getting at here. anyone that has to get up and work on there feet all-day long and train, I think you're awesome. My Marathon group starts there training next Monday. There is 20 weeks till the BIG day.

I hope everyone has a Marry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Dave

2 comments:

Matt said...

Juggling work and training is one of the toughest things I think, very smart usage of time and scheduling are very important. No slacking any time haha.

I have an hour commute into Toronto from Orangeville and try to at least get in an hour or two training daily, on top of wife, life & everything in between. Gone are the days of free time.. :(

It's all worth it though. Dont want to grow into a old fat man... lol

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David