Friday, April 9, 2010

10 mile trail race

tomorrow I will be racing here in Tucson. It's a longer race then normal, but I need to start racing longer races to get ready for my Ironman this summer. Sean and I have been training very well down here the past few months. On Wednesday morning, Sean and I had a hard ride up Mt. Lemon. It's a 26 mile climb and reach's over 8000ft. Our time up was 1:53. My best time before that was 2:02. I'm happy with my fitness at this point. I just need to make sure I don't over do it. Barrie is doing a good job in giving us rest when we need it.
This weekend is also a big weekend in golf. And I know everyone's eyes will be on Tiger at the masters. So far he's golfing like he does every year at the masters. This weekend is also the start of the ITU World Cup Series. The 2 triathletes that I will be cheering for this year will be Simon Whitfield and Sarah Haskins. I always cheer for Simon because he is just a great guy, and Sarah Haskins I trained with for 2 months here in Tucson. Sarah and her husband Nate were great training partners.

Here is a video of Sarah, Nate, and the gang training in Tucson.

Untitled from Davie Sharratt on Vimeo.

No comments: