Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Training

I have decided to start training again. I'm starting to miss getting out the door for a swim or run. I think what got me back was this weekend when the Loaring family wanted to go swimming with Annika. So I joined in on the fun. Annika still doesn't like the water. It will just take a few more times in the water for her to start enjoying it. Anyways, James saw all the PTC group doing a workout in the water and I'm not sure how it came up, but he told me to jump in and do an all-out 100 free and see how fast I could go. I haven't been in the water since the Guelph Lake triathlon which was back on Sept 5th. So with no warm-up, I was ready to go. I got Alex to time with my stop watch so we could tell how fast I went. I can't remember my 50 split, but I ended up swimming a 58.9. My PB is 56.5. Not bad eh???? It just shows that your body doesn't really forget how to swim. I had another guy show me this after not swimming for 2 years. He went 56.2 when his PB was 53.9.
So this is why I'm ready to come back and start training. In other news, I have got rid of my facebook account. I just found I was on it too much and it was very distracting. So I thought the best idea was to get rid of it. It seems like I have so much time to study now:)

Dave

2 comments:

James Loaring said...

There was method to my madness :-)
Welcome back Uncle David. This means I have to get my arse back in the pool!

Steven "The Dawg" Hewick said...

That's why we call you "The ICEMAN" !!!